With the brisk, cold winds finally making their grand entrance, it means the holidays are officially here. And before you know it, your Google calendar fills up with holiday invites and you start to panic, trying to find perfect outfits. But just like your holiday ensembles, your makeup game needs to be three octaves higher than your go-to style. We’re talking shine, shimmer and glitter. So, we connected with makeup artist, Elena Miglino, to provide three over-the-top holiday beauty looks to complement your stunning ensemble. Because here at TTS, we believe in switching up your beauty routine just as much as your clothes. Cheers!
- Grab your bronzer, I used NARS Casino because it makes a pretty eye shadow as well. I sculpted the face with Casino all over and then took a fluffy little brush and blended it pigment all in the crease and under the eye.
- Then, I added Benefit’s Watts Up (a high lighter stick) in the inner corners and center of the eye, to give a dewy lived in look.
- Coat with your favorite mascara.
- Add a warm taupe on lips.
- First apply a tinted moisturizer all over the skin.
- Swipe bronzer to frame and sculpt the face and a pop of pink blush on the cheeks. We used Pink Swoon by Mac.
- To get this eye look, you’ll need a few products, we used the same Pink Swoon in the crease of the eye. Next, we took Sketch and Plum Dressing from MAC and mix those colors together and use on the outer and inner corner of the eyes to create a color-blocking look. Then, with a small flat brush, you can add a pop of your favorite highlighter color. Anything shimmery and light will work.
- Next, we used iridescent pop of purple eyeliner all over the eye.
- Last mascara, mascara, mascara.
- For the lip, we used a berry pink. We wanted to keep this look monochromatic. Adjust to your skin tone but keep it in the pink-plum family
- Glitter!!!!! You can find glitter, at Makeup Forever, Ricky’s, any Mac Pro store.
- For a glittery look, use Scotch tape to avoid glitter all down the cheeks. Place it under the eyes and out to the temples.
- Apply a cream color base by MAC onto your lids. We used Luna (no longer in stock), and then with a synthetic brush, press the glitter onto the lid. Don’t be afraid to pack it on.
- Add mascara and your favorite liner underneath.
- Remove the scotch tape.
- Start with a luminous foundation to keep the skin dewy.
- Grab a pink blush and really get into those cheekbones, think ’90s supermodel.
- Lips, a sheer pink gloss. The eyes are the main point of this look!
Producer & Writer: Raven Ishak
Photography: Vanessa Granda
Model: Georgina Salter