As women, we’re always trying to find new ways to manage our beautiful textured tresses. From silky straight hair to tight natural curls, it takes time, effort and a lot of patience to make our strands perfect. But instead of saying a few prayers to the hair gods the night before, hoping to wake up with hair that Beyoncé would be singing about (#iwokeuplikethis), we figured it might be appropriate to give a couple of tutorials on how to achieve one of our favorite types of hair: curly.
When it comes to curly hair, there are a few things you must know: it involves a lot of volume, it’s bouncy AF, but it can look dry when not done right. So instead of just trying figure it out on our own, we partnered with the lovely team from Bumble and Bumble to give us a few pointers on how to achieve two edgy-yet-classic hairdos that are perfect for any occasion with their most recent awesome Bb. Curl collection. So whip out those curling irons and prep your hair because your locks are going to look better than ever with these two styles.
Blow dry and diffuser (optional)
- Begin by shampooing your hair with Bb.Curl Shampoo and Bb.Curl Custom Conditioner for hydration and hold.
- Prep hair using Bb.Curl Pre-Style/Re-Style Primer and apply Bb.Curl Conditioning Mousse to roots and Bb.Curl Defining Creme from mid-shafts to ends.
- Define curls by twisting strands around fingers.
- Let hair air dry or dry with a diffuser.
- When completely dry, touch up any loose or frizzy curls with a curling iron.
- Shake out curls for a more natural look.
- Finish with Dryspun Finish for added texture and Cityswept Finish for separation and shine.
- Repeat steps 1-5 from Look 1.
- On one side of the head, gather hair and brush upward.
- Secure hair using bobby pins.
- Apply Does It All Styling Spray to smooth flyaways.
- Continue to pin hair up with bobby pins, directing the desired shape and silhouette.
- Working with the natural wave of baby hairs, use Bb.Curl Anti-Humidity Gel-Oil and a tailcomb to create a cool, quick shapes around the hair line.
- Finish the look with Does It All and a bit of Dryspun Finish or Cityswept Finish if needed.