It seems like everyone nowadays is too busy to even breathe and entrepreneurs everywhere are taking notice by developing apps that simplify our every move. Case in point: Vive. If you’re anything like us (and our guess is you are) you probably enjoy the convenience of knowing that you can snag a reservation at a moments’ notice. And if you’re really like us, then you definitely enjoy a good beauty treatment… and one that comes with a reasonable price tag.
Luckily for all of us whose hair requires a good amount of TLC, Vive is powering a service we can certainly get behind. With over 230 salons on board across the Hamptons, New York City, and Chicago, and a user friendly interface, Vive is disrupting the salon industry one blow dry at a time. Essentially, it’s the Classpass of blowouts.
To see what this app is all about, I hit up my girl Olivia Perez from Friend of a Friend and invited her to book a blow dry with me at LES’s FRED. We then played a little game of 21 questions to get a little more acquainted. Here’s what went down.
1. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
C: Chug water, check email.
2. What’s your morning drink?
C: Green tea. Iced when it’s hot out.
3. What’s on your morning playlist?
4. What’s your morning media routine?
I get all my news from FB these days which is a good and bad thing because I feel like I’m missing a lot of special content sometimes. I “like” a bunch of pages and the ones that make it onto my feed the most are usually Refinery29, Harpers Bazaar, NY Times, Guest of a Guest, and The Infatuation. I’d say that’s an accurate rotation, outside of Taste The Style, of course. Also, gotta love Friend of a Friend. *wink wink*.
5. What’s your biggest beauty secret?
C: It’s not a secret because I tell EVERYONE but Caudalie’s Beauty Elixir is the shit. I use it all day, everyday.
6. Favorite lip shade?
C: Velvet Teddy by MAC.
7. Do you ever leave the house without makeup? If yes, when and why?
C: Depends! Sunday morning to the deli? Yes, of course. Sunday afternoon to brunch? Nah. But I keep it simple. Moisturizer, lightweight liquid foundation, and a little blush and lip gloss.
8. What do you think is the biggest beauty sin?
C: Man, there are so many. Where does one begin? I just think too much makeup in general is a pet peeve of mine. Heavy, dark eyeshadow with a red lip = a big no no…unless you look like Dita Von Teese, then you can pretty much get away with murder.
9. What’s your go-to hairstyle?
C: Beach waves.
10. What’s your favorite hair product right now?
C: Surf foam spray by Bumble and bumble.
11. Curly or straight?
C: Wavy, baby.
12. You have a full day and don’t know what to wear: what’s your staple outfit?
C: Maxi dress, leather jacket in case it gets chilly, and a fun shoe with a small heel in case I end up at a bar or an event.
13. What are 5 things you can’t leave the house without?
C: Outside of the obvious ones (iPhone, wallet, etc.), I’d say headphones, sunnies, laptop (Monday-Friday), whatever lipstick of the moment, and Glossier Boy Brow.
14. Favorite on the go lunch?
15. Favorite coffee shop?
C: The Elk.
16. Favorite spot to take a meeting?
C: Soho House rooftop.
17. Uber or subway?
18. Phone meeting or coffee meeting?
C: Depends on the type of meeting. I’d say half and half.
19. How many appointments do you usually have a day?
C: Ranges. Some days I’m on-the-go all day between shoots & meetings, other days I have nothing until after work. I like to pack some days out and leave others to be completely empty. On busy days, sometimes up to 6 meetings/shoots/events a day, give or take?
20. What do you do mid commute? Apps/games/playlists?
C: I try to only check Snapchat once or twice a day (max). That’s when I usually catch up.
21. Favorite way to unwind after a busy day?
C: Yoga followed by dinner with vino.
1. Coffee or tea?
2. Instagram or Snapchat?
3. Favorite Instagram account right now:
4. Tacos or pizza?
5. Trick to keeping that hair looking shiny AF:
Washing my hair every other day and using coconut oil on my ends once a week.
6. How often do you get your hair blow dried?
Whenever I’m in need of a pick-me-up! My blowouts last pretty long, so I’ll usually go once or twice a week so that I’m always ready for anything.
7. Random pet peeve:
When I hear people scratching.
8. Favorite workout class of the moment:
9. Go-to lunch spot:
10.Uber or subway (jinx!)
11. Hair tool of choice:
12. Favorite NYC boutique:
13. Where can we find you on a Friday night?
Surrounded by friends, a bottle of wine, and a very big bowl of spaghetti.
14. Your current shampoo & conditioner:
Momo Conditioner and Miru Shampoo
15. Favorite artist on your summer playlist:
Lianne La Havas
16. Amount of events you get invited you per week?
Anywhere between 3-5.
17. How many do you actually go to?
I try to go to everything I’m invited to! I love getting to meet new people and experience a face-to-face interaction.
18. What’s your secret to keeping fresh and put together during fashion week?
Making sure I take time for me! And a lot of coffee and dry shampoo.
19. Ultimate spa destination in NYC:
Great Jones Spa for a massage, Heyday for a facial.
20. Favorite Snapchat account (outside of yours!):
20. Ultimate beauty muse:
Any woman that’s willing to take risks and have fun with their look.
Need a blow dry this week? Of course you do. Download the app here and use TASTETHESTYLE10 to receive $10 any package (packages start at $35/blowout.) Then, thank us later (or don’t, we won’t be offended.) Also, go give Olivia a follow for major mane envy.