‘Tis the season to get nailin’, oh yeah don’t forget the drinkin’ too…
We all know that the holidays aren’t complete without some eggnog in your cup, so we’re here to supply you with a BOMB.com recipe courtesy of the team at The Garret and the nails to match it, courtesy of yours truly. Grab your polish, hit your local supermarket, and get ready to create the perfect pairing of eggnog and egg-nails. We got you!
Shopping List & Instructions:
- 1 oz Coconut Milk
- 1 oz Heavy Cream
- 1/2 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 a Whole Egg
- 1 oz Laird’s Apple Brandy
- 1 oz Scarlet Ibis Rum
- 1.4 oz St. Elizabeth’s Allspice Dram
- 1/2 Tbsp of Nutmeg & Cinnamon Powder
- Cinnamon Garnish
Whisk egg and coconut milk in bowl, stir in all other ingredients and refrigerate over night. Where ever you’re from, whether you call it coquito, krémas or eggnog this recipe will have your toes curling.
What You’ll Need & How To:
- White, Yellow, Cream, Pastel Orange Polish
- Base Coat & Top Coat
1. What’s our primal required step?! Always prep the nails and apply base coat. The base coat will serve as a protective barrier between polish and nail plate while helping the color adhere flawlessly.
Use your cream color as the base for all nails.
2. Paint half of your nails with the pastel orange polish.
3. While your orange polish is still wet, lightly paint on the cream polish creating a brush stroke/gradient effect on the nail.
4. Using your white polish brush, create a blob shape which will be your egg white. It doesn’t have to be perfect.
5. Create your egg yolk by dotting your yellow polish brush onto the egg white. Apply your top coat to seal in your look.
C’mon, tell us these nail aren’t cool?! Egg nails have been floating around the internet for quite some time and we want you to be ahead of the trend.
Need more egg nail art inspo? Peep this one here, then tag us using #TTSnailsntails in your egg nailfie and let us know which Nails n ‘Tails you want to see next.
Photography by Vanessa Granda for Taste The Style
Nail art by Gracie J, The Editorial Nail